Our foodbank works using a voucher referral system. Find out more about how we work.
We know that anyone can find themselves at crisis point for a number of different reasons.
In order to provide the most appropriate help for the circumstances of your situation we work with local agencies. If they feel you are struggling to put food on the table, they will issue you with a foodbank voucher. Once a voucher has been issued the referral agency will send the details to Ormskirk foodbank. You will need to take the voucher to the foodbank on a Tuesday or Friday to collect your food. The local agency can also provide long term support if needed to help address some of the issues behind the reasons for your crisis.
Our foodbank works with a number of different agencies, such as
- West Lancs Together, 0800 616 667
- West Lancs Financial Inclusion, 0800 616 667
- Citizens Advice, Nationally 0808 2082 138 (Mon-Fri, 10am-4pm) or
- Locally 0344 245 1294, (Mon-Fri, 9am -5pm; Sat, 9am-1pm)
- West Lancs Debt Advice, 07731 4821208
- Job Centre, 0800 169 0169
- Liberty (Domestic Violence and Abuse centre) 01695 50600 or 0808 100 3062 (24-hours)
- Health visitors and Social Workers
- Local Schools and Churches
- And more….
To find out more about the many agencies that hold our vouchers and how you can get help, please contact us on 07748 951274
When you contact a referral agency they will take some basic details from you to complete the voucher. This will help them to identify the cause of your crisis and may offer practical guidance. It also means we are able to prepare suitable emergency food for the right number of people.
During the Covid-19 pandemic, once a voucher has been issued the referral agency will send the details to Ormskirk foodbank. An emergency food parcel will be delivered to your address on the next delivery day.
If you are a referral agency and would like to become a registered voucher holder for our foodbank, please contact us to find out more.